Sunday, July 20, 2008

CCA...

A friend once asked me: why bother about joining cca, when i don't even plan to go Uni... To him, it's just a waste of time and effort.

It got me thinking... it really did... make me think about my aim and purpose to join cca...

In Secondary School, we're practically 'forced' to join a cca. No cca? you'll get questioned by the HOD of cca...

But that's not the point. I join because of a certain liking to it. Every cca will have its pros and cons. Uniform group may be tough. But there fun side to it too. I learn to love it, to develop my passion in it, though there were times that i do dislike the activity that was done, like drills.

I learn quite a lot from Girl Guides. Outdoor cooking, drill, planning of major events, camping skills. Not forgetting the fact that I know my besties from GG... The hard time, the fun time... it just make up a large part of my secondary school life. I seriously can't imagine how different my secondary school life would be without GG... It is GG that shape me up, to be who I am now.

And that's why I choose to continue GG as an external cca, despite that it was not consider as an cca in my school. Or maybe I should say, I joined Y.A. (young adult) as the external cca. Yes I have to set aside time. Yes I have to put in more effort. But what I gain are the experiences, something that is priceless. And the sence of acheivement. I guess, that something that is priceless and irreplaceble too...

Perhaps, the time spent in Secondary School cca kinda 'hook' me to cca? It really feel weird without a cca. Like there's no purpose in going to school, other than to get that diploma cert.

I joined an arts related cca, SA. Not the dance or drama, but rather as a backstage crew. A whole new experience. A whole new skill.

Being just 1 of the members in 1 of the 4 departments, it's kinda of scary to work with the whole big family. The first time working with the rest of the family, it really scare me off, especially when I just join not long ago and had only went for 1 event at that point of time. Bt two other big events change my mindset. and now I can't wait to work with the rest of the family again.

Perhaps, it was the recognisation from the seniors in the cca. It feels different when you get remember by a senior and when you don't. It make you feel more like part of the big family. I know, cause in GG, I wasn't really remembered by my seniors, 2 years before me. But for SA, I was remembered by the seniors, the seniors from the committee. not to mention that at the point of time, I didn't even know who is who, much less who is the committee member.

CCA... I joined, not because of the point I get to earn. But because of the experience I get to gain. The friends I get to make.

CCA... it's not a point earning system. It's more than just putting in time and effort for it.

Now let me ask you... Why have you join/joined a cca?

No comments: