Many things have happen for the past 1/2 yr. And with the things that have happen recently, in a way, I was once again being reminded of this post that I posted in another blog of mine. Slight edition to the post I made, after copying it over.
Quality is always more important that Quantity isn't it? What's the point of having to meet the quantity, if the quality isn't met? Doing of project... Handling of relationship... A lot of stuff are affected by quality, rather than quantity...
Recent encounters just make me realised on that... Relationship is not about quantity... Rather, it's about quality... What's the point of having such many friendships when most are just a very surface kind of friendships, not one that you can connect well with... It's not how long a relationship is... Rather, it's how deep the relationship is...
A friendship of years may crumple when obstacles are met...While a friendship of months still stay strong...
A friendship of years may vanish over time... While a friendship of months continue to grow stronger...
My besties are people who I've known for 6yrs, since 2003... However, I came to realise, despite we're a group of four, we are in actual fact, just two pairs of good friends coming together that's all... It feel like ever since graduation, we been drifting away from each other like nobody business... I can't blame anyone, because I too have a part to play for that... Each of us walking our own route, choosing our own path... Effort have to be made to maintain and strengthen the friendship... And I know clearly, I have not really put in my best effort to maintain and strengthen it... However, maintaining and strengthening, is not a job of just one or two, but a commitment of all in the clique, ain't it?
Another group of friends whom I had only gotten close to ard late 2007, are the people who I really confide in... So what if we know each other online? Our frienships blossom... Even though we had least expected it... However, obstacles will still surface, and it's really up to us, up to each individual, how the obstacles are being handled and overcome...
Another will be a really good friend who I had known only in Nov 08... Somehow, there is just this special chemistry between us, to 'trigger' this special friendship... We may have known each other less than a year... But what's important is how our friendship is... And in a way, she is the one who make me realise, relationship is not about how long it had last, but how deep it had been...
All that I wish is that, whatever relationship I have, it will be deeper than I know... Because, I know there been too much time that I was proven wrong when I thought my friendship with a certain someone is really strong...
And this lead me to understand another thing... Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened...
The things that happen, made me realise, and thus posting as my pm in msn: Learning to let go and move on is important. Be it the good or the bad past. I learning on how to let go and move on. Are you learning to do so?
Many times, we thought we have let go of the past and moved on. Yet, when a new obstacle surface, the past came to haunt us as well. Affecting how we interpret things, affecting how we view a situation, affecting how we handle the obstacle.
At times, I asked myself: what exactly does the duration of the friendship mean? does it mean that our friendship have last thus far? or is it just nothing more than a number?
I used to thought, the longer the friendship, mean how strong the friendship is. However, I have change my thinking. So what if our friendship have been years? The main thing is if the strength of the friendship have maintain/strengthen... or has it weaken? Weaken to the point that drifting apart doesn't seem to matter anymore? Weaken to the point that the far distance can't be 'sense' by any?
Why deceive ourselves and keep mentioning the length of the friendship? Indeed, the length still in a way matters. Imagine rejoice over a strong friendship that last over decade and more. Perhaps, that's when the lenght does matter.
People come and go. Be glad that they have once walked with us on our journey in life, rather than missing out totally. Appreciate and treasure each moment, for a moment lost is a moment that can never be gain back.
I'm glad, to have my love ones and my dear friends. Sharing with me moments of our lives. Laughing together, crying together. Being there for each other.
Secondth half of 2009 is starting. Before we realise, it'll be the end of 2009. Treasure, cherish and appreciate.
No comments:
Post a Comment