I missed having the big family outing with my maternal relatives! The happy memories of going to East Coast Park or West Coast Park to have a picnic. The fun times of baking cookies as well as craft sessions at my aunts' house. The partying during the festive season, especially during Chinese New Year and Christmas. Recalling on all these memories, just bring a smile to me.
With NFC'09 coming soon, I can't help thinking when was the last time that I had really fork out my time to spend with my family. Having to set aside time for other commitments in my life, I had, at the same time, taken away the time I could have spent with them. Other than the weekly family gathering at my maternal grandparents' place on Sunday, I have not really spent much time with them, even during the school holiday.
I am appreciating each family gathering, because I know I'm one of those lucky ones to be really close-knitted with her family. Close-knitted with not just her nuclear family, but also with her maternal side relatives, especially her aunts. But I don't deny, there were times that I had took those gathering for granted, not wanting to go just because I want to spend more time on other stuff.
Family Day, to me, mean more than just spending time with my nuclear family. It is spending time with my relatives, having fun times together, creating happy memories together. Spending the time with my grandparents, my aunts and uncle, their spouses, my cousins and my own family.
Family Day = Bonding Time. Through the fun and happy time spent together, creating memories that will be look back on in the future and put a smile on each of our faces.
I guess, the best time for another family outing, would be the upcoming school holiday, after the mid-year exams. To spend a Sunday at the beach, having a picnic, riding the bike, flying kites, throwing frisbee. Full participation from everyone ^^
I guess, I have to be the planner for the outing this time round, since I'm the one who haven't been forking out time for my family.
Anyone up for the outing? ^^
Start planning for your own Family Day Out on 30 May 2009! Visit www.nfc.sg!
With NFC'09 coming soon, I can't help thinking when was the last time that I had really fork out my time to spend with my family. Having to set aside time for other commitments in my life, I had, at the same time, taken away the time I could have spent with them. Other than the weekly family gathering at my maternal grandparents' place on Sunday, I have not really spent much time with them, even during the school holiday.
I am appreciating each family gathering, because I know I'm one of those lucky ones to be really close-knitted with her family. Close-knitted with not just her nuclear family, but also with her maternal side relatives, especially her aunts. But I don't deny, there were times that I had took those gathering for granted, not wanting to go just because I want to spend more time on other stuff.
Family Day, to me, mean more than just spending time with my nuclear family. It is spending time with my relatives, having fun times together, creating happy memories together. Spending the time with my grandparents, my aunts and uncle, their spouses, my cousins and my own family.
Family Day = Bonding Time. Through the fun and happy time spent together, creating memories that will be look back on in the future and put a smile on each of our faces.
I guess, the best time for another family outing, would be the upcoming school holiday, after the mid-year exams. To spend a Sunday at the beach, having a picnic, riding the bike, flying kites, throwing frisbee. Full participation from everyone ^^
I guess, I have to be the planner for the outing this time round, since I'm the one who haven't been forking out time for my family.
Anyone up for the outing? ^^
Start planning for your own Family Day Out on 30 May 2009! Visit www.nfc.sg!
No comments:
Post a Comment