Don't blame me if I started to do less work. Afterall, my role is just to assist you, not the one to make e decision nor doing almost all e work.
I believe I have done more then my share ever since we had step up, ever since we have taken up this responsibility
You argue that you oversee the events. True, you are the one who oversee the events, afterall your're the head. But are you really there to make sure thing going well during rehearsal and stuff? Who is the one who is physically there to really make sure things are okay? Who is the one who turn up for the briefing? Who is the one who allocate the duties to the juniors during the events? I believe both of us know clearly the answers to all the questions that I stated above.
Anyway I had voiced out. I decided not to take action on my own and wanted to talk to you first. But it seem, you are putting a guard against me after I mention how I felt to you, don't you? True that I strongly believe things are in my favour. But ultimately, outcome will still be based on you. If you don't want to give way, if you feel that I'm just being the one that unreasonable, then there's nothing I can do isn't it?
If my gut feeling about the outcome is true, all I want to do is to ask you: Do you think you are really capable to handle the department and everything else? Are you able to make e decision, voice it out and really do something abt it? Are you even able to prove that you can do your job as the head? Are you even close to the juniors as well as the rest of the cca to really work well with them?
What happen last wednesday somehow just seem to prove how unsuitable you are. I may be the last in our batch to join. I may have been in the department for a shorter period than you. But at least I know how things work.
Do you even remember what you say to me on that day? You say you don't know how thing work in the cca. You say you can't alway be the one to do the work. You say you're shocked that you got the post, yet at the same time not really shock.
Ask youself, answer yourself truthfully. Are you really the one doing all the work? Who have been the one who have been voicing out ideas for the department? Who have been the one who is doing the compilation of the freshies? Who have initiate the meeting to discuss for orientation? Who have been the one making the decision and work on it all these while?
Do you even know why I'm voicing out my displeasure? Do you know that it's not even about cca point? I don't give a damn to cca point now! I just displease over the fact that I'm doing the work, yet it seem that you are claiming the credit.
True, I agree to do the work, but do I have a choice not to do it? And seriously, think about it. I have been initiative enough to do the work without you to tell me to do so, having to know how tied up and stressed you are with your fyp.
It's like our responsibilities swop, do you even realise that? I'm the one telling you what to do, informing you of what's happening, allocating of juniors for duties. Isn't all these your responsibilities instead?
Yes, I have to stand in for you if you can't make it. But things like compiling of contacts, emailing the juniors and freshies. I believe you can do all these don't you?
If the outcome is as what my gut feeling is telling me. Rest assure I'll cooperate with you for the rest of the year. But don't expect me to be initiative anymore. I won't deny that I may still do more that what is expected of me, but just don't expect me to be initiative anymore. Because I see no point of doing so.
If it's not for the welfare and growth of the department, I would not have voiced out. Indeed that I want to be recognise for what I am doing. But what I have been doing have been for the department.
I believe I have done more then my share ever since we had step up, ever since we have taken up this responsibility
You argue that you oversee the events. True, you are the one who oversee the events, afterall your're the head. But are you really there to make sure thing going well during rehearsal and stuff? Who is the one who is physically there to really make sure things are okay? Who is the one who turn up for the briefing? Who is the one who allocate the duties to the juniors during the events? I believe both of us know clearly the answers to all the questions that I stated above.
Anyway I had voiced out. I decided not to take action on my own and wanted to talk to you first. But it seem, you are putting a guard against me after I mention how I felt to you, don't you? True that I strongly believe things are in my favour. But ultimately, outcome will still be based on you. If you don't want to give way, if you feel that I'm just being the one that unreasonable, then there's nothing I can do isn't it?
If my gut feeling about the outcome is true, all I want to do is to ask you: Do you think you are really capable to handle the department and everything else? Are you able to make e decision, voice it out and really do something abt it? Are you even able to prove that you can do your job as the head? Are you even close to the juniors as well as the rest of the cca to really work well with them?
What happen last wednesday somehow just seem to prove how unsuitable you are. I may be the last in our batch to join. I may have been in the department for a shorter period than you. But at least I know how things work.
Do you even remember what you say to me on that day? You say you don't know how thing work in the cca. You say you can't alway be the one to do the work. You say you're shocked that you got the post, yet at the same time not really shock.
Ask youself, answer yourself truthfully. Are you really the one doing all the work? Who have been the one who have been voicing out ideas for the department? Who have been the one who is doing the compilation of the freshies? Who have initiate the meeting to discuss for orientation? Who have been the one making the decision and work on it all these while?
Do you even know why I'm voicing out my displeasure? Do you know that it's not even about cca point? I don't give a damn to cca point now! I just displease over the fact that I'm doing the work, yet it seem that you are claiming the credit.
True, I agree to do the work, but do I have a choice not to do it? And seriously, think about it. I have been initiative enough to do the work without you to tell me to do so, having to know how tied up and stressed you are with your fyp.
It's like our responsibilities swop, do you even realise that? I'm the one telling you what to do, informing you of what's happening, allocating of juniors for duties. Isn't all these your responsibilities instead?
Yes, I have to stand in for you if you can't make it. But things like compiling of contacts, emailing the juniors and freshies. I believe you can do all these don't you?
If the outcome is as what my gut feeling is telling me. Rest assure I'll cooperate with you for the rest of the year. But don't expect me to be initiative anymore. I won't deny that I may still do more that what is expected of me, but just don't expect me to be initiative anymore. Because I see no point of doing so.
If it's not for the welfare and growth of the department, I would not have voiced out. Indeed that I want to be recognise for what I am doing. But what I have been doing have been for the department.
1 comment:
People look up to the person in the presence not in the absence. You are there to be with them. Some day when they need you, they'll find u. Not her.
Tough I know but that shows how much responsible u are to them.. dont be afraid to speak up.. things will be ok. i stand up on my own for the rest of the year, and i believe you can too.
Believe in urself & i say You're a great leader. Keep moving forward. Do what's best for the dept & amend the things that's not right.. be strong. I believe in you.
With love, Erny. =)
p.s. keep up the faith & passion. =)
Post a Comment