Two years. That's the duration for my journey in SA-TMT.
In Jan '08, I stepped onto this journey.
On 18.12.08, I was being recognize and given a responsibility of assisting in running the department
On 11.12.09, it came to an end.
A short, but eventful two years.
The friendships that I had made because of SA in these two years
The ups and down that I had gone through during the events
The knowledge that I had learned over the events
The laughter
The joy
The disagreements
The hurts
I could still remember how much I had dread it the first time when I had to work with the rest of the department. Having to just join TMT for just couples of months, I still feel like a stranger in SA. I was the last to join SA, for my batch.
Having to be chosen to be in the committee for SA Night '08, had change my view. I enjoy working with the rest. And that was the time that I realise, I do get notice. Notice for my existence in the cca by someone in the committee. It's something that I had not felt from GG. That made me feel really good about myself, as it felt that I was being appreciated, being recognised for my effort.
Then, camp came along. Bonding between departments as well as all levels in SA. It had been fun, interacting with everyone. Not forgetting those games that we had.
Production, the majaor event throughout my SA-TMT life. I was choosen to be the ASM. But due to certain circumstances, I ended up being the SM. Indeed, it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. It was my first, as well as my last. Unforgetable memories from production, a whole different feel when you work behind the curtain and in the control room. Through production, it brought me even closer with the rest of SA. Hanging out with some of them after the production at S11 for supper had gave me even more chances to know my fellow StageARTers better.
Halloween was a blast. Was unable to attend it originally as I had to oversee another TMT event. But had swop duty on that day. And boy, am I glad about it.
I could still recall about the committee interview. I know completely nothing about what's going to happen. I didn't even know that I was going for an interview. Not until the rest tease me about the TMT positions.
To be truthful, I had my eyes set on being the Head of TMT. And that was why I had join SA-TMT, when Amin first introduce me to SA. But as time goes by while I was in SA-TMT, my mindset change, especially when the next batch came in. I see someone as a better candidate than I was. I was no longer eyeing the Head of TMT, because I feel that the better candidate deserve it better than me.
But nonetheless, I was disappointed to know that I got the Assistant Head of TMT. In a way, I feel that I was given false hope of I getting the Head of TMT. But looking back now, I realise, signs been showing pretty early, given how the other person was chosen for the task, be it for camp or the production. I'm just second person-in-line.
I accept my position, despite the fact that I didn't want to accept that person as my Head. Biasness because I didn't manage to get the position and she landed on it? Perhaps. And to think, I had mention in the interview, how much I feel that she can't hold that role, that responsibility.
Then 2009 came. And my duty as TMT Assistant Head started as well. Clubcrawl, SA night, camps, production... All had became my responsibility as she's busy with her fyp and attachment.
I had voiced out, how displease I was. But due to miscommunication, nothing was done. The only that had change was, I no longer tolerate it quietly. And that was also the time that I realise, I wasn't the only one who doesn't like her.
Thinking back, I really wonder how many times I had to clear up the mess she left. Wonder if she really deserved her position?
SA night seem to be the start of the unhappiness. Realising how little she know about the way things work. Realising how little attention she's paying to TMT. Realising that the direction in which I hope to build TMT on, she don't even bother.
I grew tired. Tired of handling her responsibility. Tired of clearing up her mess. Tired of the unhappiness that was growing in me.
2009, I have to admit, was a pretty unhappiness time I had in SA. True that I enjoyed myself during events, etc. However, the reponsibility and duty were making me wary, making me really tired to even carry on.
In a way, I was looking forward to stepping down. It will be the end of responsibility. And most of all, I'll no longer be under her and she will be out of my life.
Yet, I'm not ready to end this journey. Despite to how unhappy I was. I was looking forward to Alumni Night, yet dreading it at the same time.
But things have to come to an end. And it ended on 11.12.09
The places that I get to go because of SA. Blk E room, Sport hall, Dome, TFA, Auditorium. All these places held memories for me, especially TFA. I had hang around the backstage for two events, which happen to be a time that I had misunderstanding with deardear in 2008. That was also the place where me and Erny had experience something creepy. The camwhoring session during the first events. All these had became nothing but a memory.
SA... Even though my journey for it has ended. But still, I'm an alumni. I'll still be back for events, but this time round, as an audience.
Thank you SA, for those memories and friendship.

.jpg)

.jpg)
















p.s. SA is so damn pro. 3 years since I step into NYP, never once that I wore a skirt. Yet, for the alumni night, I wore my blue, flowy, full-length skirt. My first and my last I believe.
In Jan '08, I stepped onto this journey.
On 18.12.08, I was being recognize and given a responsibility of assisting in running the department
On 11.12.09, it came to an end.
A short, but eventful two years.
The friendships that I had made because of SA in these two years
The ups and down that I had gone through during the events
The knowledge that I had learned over the events
The laughter
The joy
The disagreements
The hurts
I could still remember how much I had dread it the first time when I had to work with the rest of the department. Having to just join TMT for just couples of months, I still feel like a stranger in SA. I was the last to join SA, for my batch.
Having to be chosen to be in the committee for SA Night '08, had change my view. I enjoy working with the rest. And that was the time that I realise, I do get notice. Notice for my existence in the cca by someone in the committee. It's something that I had not felt from GG. That made me feel really good about myself, as it felt that I was being appreciated, being recognised for my effort.
Then, camp came along. Bonding between departments as well as all levels in SA. It had been fun, interacting with everyone. Not forgetting those games that we had.
Production, the majaor event throughout my SA-TMT life. I was choosen to be the ASM. But due to certain circumstances, I ended up being the SM. Indeed, it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. It was my first, as well as my last. Unforgetable memories from production, a whole different feel when you work behind the curtain and in the control room. Through production, it brought me even closer with the rest of SA. Hanging out with some of them after the production at S11 for supper had gave me even more chances to know my fellow StageARTers better.
Halloween was a blast. Was unable to attend it originally as I had to oversee another TMT event. But had swop duty on that day. And boy, am I glad about it.
I could still recall about the committee interview. I know completely nothing about what's going to happen. I didn't even know that I was going for an interview. Not until the rest tease me about the TMT positions.
To be truthful, I had my eyes set on being the Head of TMT. And that was why I had join SA-TMT, when Amin first introduce me to SA. But as time goes by while I was in SA-TMT, my mindset change, especially when the next batch came in. I see someone as a better candidate than I was. I was no longer eyeing the Head of TMT, because I feel that the better candidate deserve it better than me.
But nonetheless, I was disappointed to know that I got the Assistant Head of TMT. In a way, I feel that I was given false hope of I getting the Head of TMT. But looking back now, I realise, signs been showing pretty early, given how the other person was chosen for the task, be it for camp or the production. I'm just second person-in-line.
I accept my position, despite the fact that I didn't want to accept that person as my Head. Biasness because I didn't manage to get the position and she landed on it? Perhaps. And to think, I had mention in the interview, how much I feel that she can't hold that role, that responsibility.
Then 2009 came. And my duty as TMT Assistant Head started as well. Clubcrawl, SA night, camps, production... All had became my responsibility as she's busy with her fyp and attachment.
I had voiced out, how displease I was. But due to miscommunication, nothing was done. The only that had change was, I no longer tolerate it quietly. And that was also the time that I realise, I wasn't the only one who doesn't like her.
Thinking back, I really wonder how many times I had to clear up the mess she left. Wonder if she really deserved her position?
SA night seem to be the start of the unhappiness. Realising how little she know about the way things work. Realising how little attention she's paying to TMT. Realising that the direction in which I hope to build TMT on, she don't even bother.
I grew tired. Tired of handling her responsibility. Tired of clearing up her mess. Tired of the unhappiness that was growing in me.
2009, I have to admit, was a pretty unhappiness time I had in SA. True that I enjoyed myself during events, etc. However, the reponsibility and duty were making me wary, making me really tired to even carry on.
In a way, I was looking forward to stepping down. It will be the end of responsibility. And most of all, I'll no longer be under her and she will be out of my life.
Yet, I'm not ready to end this journey. Despite to how unhappy I was. I was looking forward to Alumni Night, yet dreading it at the same time.
But things have to come to an end. And it ended on 11.12.09
The places that I get to go because of SA. Blk E room, Sport hall, Dome, TFA, Auditorium. All these places held memories for me, especially TFA. I had hang around the backstage for two events, which happen to be a time that I had misunderstanding with deardear in 2008. That was also the place where me and Erny had experience something creepy. The camwhoring session during the first events. All these had became nothing but a memory.
SA... Even though my journey for it has ended. But still, I'm an alumni. I'll still be back for events, but this time round, as an audience.
Thank you SA, for those memories and friendship.
.jpg)

.jpg)













p.s. SA is so damn pro. 3 years since I step into NYP, never once that I wore a skirt. Yet, for the alumni night, I wore my blue, flowy, full-length skirt. My first and my last I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment